List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [Announce] KPDF2-0.3.0 released
From:       Tadeusz Andrzej Kadlubowski <yess () hell ! org ! pl>
Date:       2007-01-30 10:11:36

On Jan 29, 2007, at 7:18 PM, Bryan Wilkerson wrote:
> My understanding was that kpdf is end-of-life except bug fixes.  Isn't
> the team working on a full scale replacement called Occular?   My
> problem with Occular is that it requires KDE4 (not sure why) and while
> I'd love to contribute by being a beta tester for KDE4 and Occular, my
> primary development machine is a laptop and It took SLED10 and a
> lot of
> tweaking to get everything on my thinkpad working properly and I don't
> look forward to messing that up by installing a new desktop manager.

You don't have to switch to KDE4. I haven't heard of anyone who
already uninstalled KDE3 and uses only trunk branch. You can easily
set up a KDE4 testing environment without any harm to your normal
KDE3 setup. That's what most of the developers do.

Check http://developernew.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/
Unstable_Version for information about how to setup KDE4 environment
for your experiments. No „messing that up" included.

Good luck,
--
tadeusz andrzej kadłubowski