List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Use of KStandardAction / actionCollection()->action() in trunk
From:       Stephan Johach <lucardus () onlinehome ! de>
Date:       2007-01-29 16:21:19

Hi David!

Am Montag 29 Januar 2007, 00:17:34 schrieb David Faure:
> On Saturday 27 January 2007 15:46, Stephan Johach wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I am trying to get catalogmanager working in trunk but it crashes on
> > startup due to the use of a KToggleAction pointer which is 0.
> >
> > The code is the following:
> >
> > kdesdk/kbabel/catalogmanager/catalogmanager.cpp
> >
> > KToggleAction * toggle = (KToggleAction*)actionCollection()->
> > 	action(KStandardAction::stdName(KStandardAction::ShowStatusbar));
> >
> >     	toggle->setChecked(!statusBar()->isHidden() );
> >
> > In KDE 3.5 it obviously worked but I can not find out why
> > actionCollection()->action( ... ) returns 0 in trunk. I know there were
> > changes regarding KAction in trunk but I am lost here.
>
> The action now needs to be added to the collection using
> addAction("name",action), after it has been created. Can you check if
> addAction is called for that action?

No, at least I can not find the corresponding code.

But what about KMainWindow::createStandardStatusBarAction()?

It calls

d->showStatusBarAction = KStandardAction::showStatusbar(this,
SLOT(setSettingsDirty()), actionCollection());

Isn't it supposed to supply the showStatusbar action? It is called
in catalogmanager before trying to get the action object from
actionCollection().

Stephan