List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDE Application memory management
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?Tr=FCg?= <trueg () k3b ! org>
Date:       2007-01-29 15:05:21

Hi folks,

I do not know that much about memory management so I have to ask:
After closing a big project in K3b the memory usage as reported by "ps aux"
does not change at all although everything is properly "deleted". When I then
reopen the project the memory seems to be reused since usage only increases
slightly as opposed to a big increase when opening the project for the first
time.
I tried this in another KDE application (khexedit) and it does release all the
resources after closing a file.
Is there anything I can do about this or might this be a memory leak after
all?

Thanks,
Sebastian