List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: populating qlistview resizes window
From:       Robert Hogan <lists () roberthogan ! net>
Date:       2007-01-28 14:14:24

On Tuesday 26 December 2006 15:06, Robert Hogan wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a chronic problem with a listview (in kde 3.5) that occasionally
> resizes the entire application window (to an ugly, impractical size) when
> the listview gets populated with a lot of items very quickly.
>
> Every time I think I've fixed it (by painstakinly replicating listview
> settings from other apps), it reappears.
>
> Has anyone any idea what could be causing this?

It turned out this was caused by excessively long lines of text being added to
the listview.

The funny thing is that the excessively long horizontal text resized the
window vertically!

My fix was to split message greater than a certain number of characters over
multiple lines.

However, is there another way of avoiding these resizings? Is the current
behaviour a bug? Why does an especially wide column resize the listview
vertically?

--

KlamAV - An Anti-Virus Manager for KDE - http://www.klamav.net
TorK   - A Tor Controller For KDE      - http://tork.sf.net