List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Use of KStandardAction / actionCollection()->action() in trunk
From:       Stephan Johach <lucardus () onlinehome ! de>
Date:       2007-01-27 14:46:14

Hi all!

I am trying to get catalogmanager working in trunk but it crashes on startup
due to the use of a KToggleAction pointer which is 0.

The code is the following:

kdesdk/kbabel/catalogmanager/catalogmanager.cpp

KToggleAction * toggle = (KToggleAction*)actionCollection()->
	action(KStandardAction::stdName(KStandardAction::ShowStatusbar));

    	toggle->setChecked(!statusBar()->isHidden() );

In KDE 3.5 it obviously worked but I can not find out why
actionCollection()->action( ... ) returns 0 in trunk. I know there were
changes regarding KAction in trunk but I am lost here.

Any hint is appreciated.

Stephan