List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Move KSirc to extragear
From:       Andrew Stanley-Jones <asj () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-01-25 12:54:48

> On Tuesday 23 January 2007 16:56, Urs Wolfer wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > After a conversation with Andrew Stanley-Jones (aka. Boren), the former
> > maintainer of KSirc, we came to the decision that it would be a good idea
> > to move it to the KDE extragrear, like KEdit did already some weeks ago.
>
> If the application has no maintainer, then it needs sent to blackhole, not
> extragear. I'm fairly sure that the contact for the extragear repository
> would agree that apps that do not have maintainers should not clutter the
> module.

I'm around, I would argue against the word "former' maintainer.  It's an old
stable application that does everything I want.  Officially it turned 10 this
year.  If I found it lacking then I would add that, I'm also on top of
security fixes like we had recently, though aseigo comited the fix (thank
you).

kdeexatragear is fine with me, I don't want to keep up with development cycle
of kde4, since I just don't have the time or hardware to keep up.

I can't speak for konversation, but I talked to a konversation guy just a few
weeks ago about this.  He didn't seem that thrilled with keeping up with the
main kde release cycle either.  So I wouldn't just assume they would want
into kdenetwork.

-Andrew

--
Geek.Farm.Life Podcast       | http://www.geekfarmlife.com/
Andrew Stanley-Jones         | "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."