List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Maths: importing GMM into kdesupport/
From:       Benoît_Jacob <jacob () math ! jussieu ! fr>
Date:       2007-01-25 9:22:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Le lundi 22 janvier 2007 15:44, Stephan Kulow a écrit :
> Am Montag, 22. Januar 2007 15:38 schrieb Benoit Jacob:
> > So would you agree with importing a copy of GMM into, say, kdesupport?
>
> No. kdesupport doesn't have copies of libraries since _years_ - but only
> libraries that are developed there for use with KDE. If you need GMM,
> make it an (preferably optional) dependency.

It turns out that GMM is part of a larger library, GetFem++. The GMM devs
aren't interested in having GMM released as a separate package, except for a
source tarball. Instead, they recommend us to copy the sources.

We're thinking of copying GMM source files into Eigen itself and add a
Eigen-GMM wrapper, so that, as seen from the rest of KDE, it would look like
there's only Eigen. I know you disagreed with creating a kdesupport/gmm
directory, but would you agree with creating a kdesupport/eigen/gmm
directory?

What's more, for now, we only need a small part of GMM. So, for now, we only
need to copy a few GMM files, not the whole thing. Does that make a
difference for you? I mean, even if you don't want a full copy of GMM in
KDE's SVN repository, I still hope you'd be OK for a few files.

Benoit