List:       kde-devel
Subject:    problems using KProcess
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-11-08 17:45:49

Hi,

I'd like to run a command (qmake) inside my application and capture its
error-output. I want the execution to block my application until it
finished (please no discussion wether that is a good idea or not).

I thought executing KProcess::start(KProcess::Block, KProcess::Stderr)
would do that. It doesn't, start() returns immediately and normalExit
function returns false.

I discovered setUseShell and tried that, so qmake runs in a shell. This
works if I use KProcess::NotifyOnExit, but when using KProcess::Block
start never returns and I see a qmake Zombie and a sleeping bash in the
process list.

Anybody got an idea how I might achieve what I want?

Andreas

--
Caution: Keep out of reach of children.