List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Errors compiling kdelibs4 from SVN
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-11-08 13:48:44

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Eduardo wrote:
>Oh I see! Strange thing. I've found a hacky solution. Between the
> "configure" and "make" steps, edit the file
>kdelibs-build/kdecore/CMakeFiles/kdecore.dir/link.txt which contains the
>infamous linking command  and -lSM -lICE to it. Obviously this is far
> from being an ideal solution it gets the work done.
>
>Maybe I should investigate and contact with the cmake devs to fix this?
> I am not an expert in libraries, but I think that the problem can be
> that CMake's CHECK_LIBRARY_EXISTS function is not working  correctly as
> you said, or maybe the ubuntu packages for those libraries don't
> configure the system correctly.

Since this has been working for almost everyone up until you, it's very
likely something in your system is disturbing the check. It would be
prudent to investigate that before going to the developers.

--
   Thiago Macieira   -   thiago (AT) macieira.info - thiago (AT) kde.org
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint: