List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: fullscreen doesn't cover kicker
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mwoehlke () tibco ! com>
Date:       2006-11-01 21:23:34

Sheeshpaul Kamboj wrote:
> I'm writing an application using Qt4.1.2 and when i make my app fullscreen
> it doesn't cover kicker.
> I'm using KDE version: 3.3.0-5 Red Hat
> Is updating to latest KDE version is my only solution ?

Using KDE 3.5.5, I don't see any problems... if I make a window full
screen, it takes up 100% of that monitor (I have two), including kicker.

I can understand reluctance to upgrade to 4.x (after all, I haven't
:-)), but 3.3.0 is *really* old. I would suggest moving to 3.5.5. If you
build it yourself you shouldn't need to do anything to Qt unless your Qt
is really old.

Unfortunately I am not sure how much support you will get on 3.x since
the 3.x series is now closed (or so I understand).

--
Matthew
"Inches: An antiquated measurement unit still in use in certain