List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [Idea]Context Sensitive file dialog
From:       Kleag <kleag () free ! fr>
Date:       2006-10-02 19:15:38

Le lundi 2 octobre 2006 19:11, Rafael Fernández López a écrit  :
> I really think extensions should be taken out from operating systems. Each
> file knows what represents by first bytes. Why extensions do exist?
>
> I want "mypicture" to be named as "mypicture" not as "mypicture.jpg". He
> knows that is a jpeg.
In konsole (or ttyX), type "ls" : no information about the file type ! You
cannot trust the extension, but it's still sometimes indicative...

Regards,

Kleag
--
KsirK - a turn-based strategy game for KDE
http://gna.org/projects/ksirk

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer
http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kgraphviewer