List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Introducing into KDE programming
From:       Randy Kramer <rhkramer () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-09-26 16:31:33

I'm trying to learn to, so I have a question (below):

On Tuesday 26 September 2006 09:32 am, Remi Villatel wrote:
> To hack kdesu, what I'd do is to get kdebase sources,
> do './configure --prefix=/where/your/kde/is' in the root of the folder
> then 'make' in kdesu folder. Build everything required until the 'make'
> succeeds.

Is that (in general--i.e., for other things I might compile)
"/where/your/kde/is" or is it more accurate to say
"/where/you/want/your/(new)kde/to/be"?

Aside: I'm planning on starting my hacking with Nedit .  (It's a semi-long
story--I have a fair number of useful macros already built in Nedit, and in
some speed tests (for my possibly unusual uses) nedit works (scrolls) a lot
faster than anything in the kde family (kedit, kate, kwrite).)

Randy Kramer