List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdevelop 3.4 and autoconf 2.60
From:       Lorenzo Bettini <bettini () dsi ! unifi ! it>
Date:       2006-08-29 10:21:27

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 29.08.06 11:34:18, Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
>> *** KDE requires autoheader 2.52 or 2.53 (part of autoconf)
>> make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>> *** Exited with status: 2 ***
>>
>> actually I manually installed 2.53 of autoconf since kdevelop still
>
> Then "autoconf" is not autoconf 2.53, but 2.60

I think I found the problem

actually, as I said in my previous email, autoconf-2.53 is correctly
installed and used by kdevelop cvs.sh, the problem was that
Autom4te/General.pm wasn't found (as it is actually stated in my error
report).  I don't know why that file wasn't installed in first place...
  after issuing make install in the autoconf source directory that file
was copied and now I can "run automake and friends" (and it correctly
uses 2.53).

thanks
	Lorenzo

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD in Computer Science                            |
|  Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze       |
|  Florence - Italy        (GNU/Linux User # 158233)  |
|  Home Page        : http://www.lorenzobettini.it    |
|  http://music.dsi.unifi.it         XKlaim language  |
|  http://www.purplesucker.com Deep Purple Cover Band |
|  http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite           |