List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdevelop 3.4 and autoconf 2.60
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-08-29 10:41:53

On 29.08.06 12:02:24, Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 29.08.06 11:34:18, Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
> >> *** KDE requires autoheader 2.52 or 2.53 (part of autoconf)
> >> make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
> >> make: *** [all] Error 2
> >> *** Exited with status: 2 ***
> >>
> >> actually I manually installed 2.53 of autoconf since kdevelop still
> >
> > Then "autoconf" is not autoconf 2.53, but 2.60
>
> it is: I added the --program-suffix=2.53
>
> so I have in my system
>
> autoconf       autoconf-2.53
>
> as far as I understand, kdevelop should check autoconf-2.53 first,
> shouldn't it?

No, the script cvs.sh in admin checks what the output of autoconf
--version is. Actually it checks whatever the AUTOCONF variable
contains, so setting AUTOCONF=/path/to/the/real/autoconf-2.53 and
passing that to make -f Makefile.cvs should work.

> >> complains about the version (it doesn't work with 2.60 even after
> >> using the 3.4 branch).
> >
> > We need to update the admin dirs for the application templates, use the
> > admin dir from /branches/KDE/3.5/kde-common
> >
> > And replace the projects admin dir with it, that'll allow you to use
> > autoconf 2.60.
>
> but isn't there a way to force it to use 2.53?  Although, as I said, it
> should already do so...

Sure there is: Install autoconf version 2.53 and give the path to it via
the AUTOCONF variable. You can set that variable inside the project
options on the Make options tab.

Andreas

--
You have taken yourself too seriously.