List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Debugging a kio_slave
From:       Craig Howard <kde () choward ! ca>
Date:       2006-08-09 5:49:30

I'm trying to debug a kio slave that I'm writing, but I'm running into
difficulties.  I've read DEBUG.howto in kdebase/kioslave and I've set
KDE_SLAVE_DEBUG and re-run kdeinit.

However, when I open a url that is handled by my ioslave, nothing is output on
the terminal.   I figured out the pid by looking at the output of ps (so my
ioslave is running) and I attached gdb to kdeinit at that pid.  I can set
breakpoints to functions within my slave, but when I continue, gdb just
hangs!  My konqueror instance that I used to load the url just spins
indefinately.  Not attaching using gdb and just sending a SIGCONT produces
the same behaviour.

Have I missed a step?  Thanks.
--

Craig Howard