List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Some help with HAL and DBus please.
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2006-07-31 8:27:52

I upgraded HAL and DBus and thought that I had finally managed to set
them up correctly.

The error message I got from Epiphany even went away.

I have the user and group added for both: haldaemon & messagebus.

I have the SysV scripts start global daemons for both.

I have this:

if test -z "$DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS" ; then
     ## if not found, launch a new one
     eval `dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session`
     echo "D-BUS per-session daemon address is: DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS"
fi

in: "/etc/xprofile/" and it appears to work.  This was what was needed
to make Epiphany happy.

So, what else do I need to do?

My desktop device icons have disappeared and I don't have anything when
I open: "system:/media" in Konqueror.

Any theories please.
--
JRT