List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Any blue print for DCOPing a html page in Konqueror?
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <Friedrich.W.H () kossebau ! de>
Date:       2006-07-30 15:53:11

Am Freitag, 28. Juli 2006 17:12, schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:
> Hi,
>
> does anyone know of a code example where a web formular displayed in
> Konqueror is filled via DCOP? So one has something to start from?
>
> Background:
> I want to create an action service for the contacts framework which reports
> the next possible connection via public transport to someone's (visiting)
> address.
> As the local public transport company seems to only offer a web formular*
> with post for this, and I am not keen to write a special KHTML based
> program for this, I guess the best way to have this run out-of-process is:
>
> 1. start a new konqueror instance with web profile for the url
> 2. navigate to the subpage and the formular and fill data in
> 3. submit the formular
> 4. leave the resulting page in Konqueror for the user
>
> Right? Any better idea? Like running a Javascript program on the page (is
> that possible)? Where are blue prints for this? :)
>
> * http://www.dvbag.de/fahrplan/verbindung/verbindung.asp

Went the Javascript way so far as it looked most promising.
But my problem now is:
How to find out when the page is loaded? The calls to start Konqueror all
return once it is up, but do not wait until the given url is loaded. So the
timing for sending the script via DCOP and evalJS is pretty much subject to
guessing. Not pretty.

me) stopped due to different url domains.

Anyone an idea? Like where perhaps better to ask such questions?

Thanks
Friedrich