List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to properly correct compile KDE SVN apps while having
From:       David Jarvie <lists () astrojar ! org ! uk>
Date:       2006-07-21 18:23:53

On Thursday 20 July 2006 17:41, crazyned@nerdshack.com wrote:
> On Thursday 20 July 2006 10:23, David Jarvie wrote:
> [...]
>
> > You also need to set PATH to pick up Qt (and KDE if applicable) binaries
> > from your local directory, in preference to /usr/bin.
>
> Thank you for your reply. I did forget to mention that I do have KDEDIR set
> and PATH set up with local directories prepended, and configure does appear
> to find everything in order, as far as I can tell.
>
> Also:
> [Filtered output of example .la, libamarok.la, showing both libqt-ma copies
> being found, but the one in /usr/lib being placed first in line]

When I have encountered similar problems, it has usually turned out to be that
some library which I'm linking against contains a linkage to the unwanted
library (i.e. it's not a problem resulting from building amarok, but from
building KDE). You could grep all your .la files in your local KDE to check
for this.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author and maintainer.