On Thursday 20 July 2006 17:41, crazyned@nerdshack.com wrote: > On Thursday 20 July 2006 10:23, David Jarvie wrote: > [...] > > > You also need to set PATH to pick up Qt (and KDE if applicable) binaries > > from your local directory, in preference to /usr/bin. > > Thank you for your reply. I did forget to mention that I do have KDEDIR set > and PATH set up with local directories prepended, and configure does appear > to find everything in order, as far as I can tell. > > Also: > [Filtered output of example .la, libamarok.la, showing both libqt-ma copies > being found, but the one in /usr/lib being placed first in line] When I have encountered similar problems, it has usually turned out to be that some library which I'm linking against contains a linkage to the unwanted library (i.e. it's not a problem resulting from building amarok, but from building KDE). You could grep all your .la files in your local KDE to check for this. -- David Jarvie. KAlarm author and maintainer. http://www.astrojar.org.uk/linux/kalarm.html >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<