List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: filterbox in k-menu
From:       Remi Villatel <maxilys () tele2 ! fr>
Date:       2006-07-10 22:20:39

Eduard Bachmakov wrote:

> For some time i used a suse 10.1 machine and i really was impressed by the
> application-filter-box in k-menu (you type a string and kmenu filters all
> menu entries out exept the one you want).
> Any chance to get this for gentoo, ubuntu or debian?

That wouldn't be very hard. All you or somebody has to do is to make a
diff in between the sources of KDE originating for SuSE and the ones
originating for KDE.org and propose this as a patch here.

I patched my KDE using the sources from KDE.org and amongst the few
differences I discovered, there was this application-filter-box in the
K-Menu and the round corners around the text of the selected icons in
Konqueror that didn't survive my abuses.

But first, I think one should ask the permission to Novell/SuSE before
to rip their sources. Maybe?