List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt4 Themes
From:       David Johnson <david () usermode ! org>
Date:       2006-06-30 22:49:13

On Friday 30 June 2006 15:37, Gary L. Greene Jr. wrote:
> On Friday 30 June 2006 15:39, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > On Wednesday 28 June 2006 23:47, Remi Villatel wrote:
> > > The question is: Who will cry if we lose the Windows95 (c)(TM)(R)
> > > and Motif styles provided by Qt? I won't...
> >
> > I'd miss the motif style, and I'd miss the platinum style even
> > more.
>
> And yes, I would miss the Windows looking one.

Jumping in late... Why the heck do we want to dump QStyle anyway? The
central philosophy of QStyle is that you theme widget elements, not the
widgets themselves. KDE widgets should be painting themselves with
these elements. There will undoubtedly be some special widgets that
can't, but they aren't sufficient excuse to make a QStyle-incompatible
KStyle. In an ideal world, we wouldn't even need KStyle.

--
David Johnson <david@usermode.org>