List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt4 Themes
From:       Luciano Montanaro <mikelima () cirulla ! net>
Date:       2006-06-27 9:35:17

On Sunday 25 June 2006 16:47, Joaquín Fernández Quiles wrote:> > I think the best \
you'll get is the Plastique theme. Considering KDE 3> > uses Plastik for default, \
your application should fit in with most of> > the KDE desktops.>> Yes, but i don't \
use Plastik in KDE, i prefer QtCurve, so my look & feel> is not similar for all apps, \
because my Qt4 app use Plastik and others> apps use QtCurve :(>> >> If i can not, how \
can i convert KDE/Qt 3 themes to Qt4 themes?> >> > Just port them.>> Any guide for \
this? I never have made a theme.>> > The themes don't like you? Shouldn't it be the \
other way around?> By the way, I have looked at porting the highcontrast style to the \
new api, and it does look like a non trivial task. It might be easier to start over \
with just deciding how the style should look and implementing it over the QStyle / \
KStyle API.  I have a question about the KStyle API.From what I see, KStyle maps the \
bunch of methods of the Qt API on just one function with a big switch.  Why is this \
done? I have some doubts one big function is better than a reasonable number of \
specialized ones... Luciano -- Łŭčīåñø Montanaro //              \\ //         \
\x/ www.cirulla.net >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to \
unsubscribe <<