List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [PLEASE READ] kdepimlibs
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-06-27 0:07:42

On Monday 26 June 2006 19:55, you wrote:
> On Monday 26 June 2006 17:17, Allen Winter wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > I finally moved the first kdepim library (libemailfunctions) into the new
> > kdepimlibs module.

> > PS. Yes, we want to eliminate libemailfunctions.  But we haven't
> > figured-out the best way to do that yet.
>
> Just move it somewhere in to kdelibs. kutils, perhaps?

Perhaps.   Last I chatted with Thiago and David about this issue we
couldn't find a good place within kdelibs.   I don't recall if we considered kutils.

I do recall there was concern about kdelibs becoming a dumping ground.

Funny -> read the kdelibs/kutils/Mainpage.dox for a complete description of this lib.
... and kutil isn't listed in kdelibs/README either.  How come no kdelibs/MAINTAINERS?

> They are more utility  classes, aren't they?
Yes.   The worst part is that libemailfunctions contains only 1 *.cpp file.
It is just an oddball.

--
Let's Keep the Political Talk Out of KDE PLEASE