List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdelibs_snapshot compiling
From:       "Full Decent" <kde.org () phor ! net>
Date:       2006-06-25 17:48:04

On 6/24/06, Thiago Macieira <thiago@kde.org> wrote:
> Full Decent wrote:
> >>
> >> Why do you want to begin working on a version of kdebase that is
> >> several weeks outdated?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Thiago Macieira  -  thiago (AT) macieira.info - thiago (AT) kde.org
> >
> >I will be working on ksmserver, which hasen't changed much since then.
> >Also, I'm a newcomer to KDE development, and it is very difficult for
> >me to develop code that doesn't yet compile.
>
> Looks like snapshot r548328 (branched off /trunk/KDE/kdelibs:543458) was
> the last before the D-BUS merges.
>
> --
> Thiago Macieira  -  thiago (AT) macieira.info - thiago (AT) kde.org
>   thiago.macieira (AT) trolltech.com     Trolltech ASA

Hello,

I'm still trying desperately to get a version of ksmserver to compile.
Since the normal build process gets stuck on plenty of erros, I had
the (crazy) idea to checkout the trunk kdebase/workspace and run

kde4@lithium:~/kdebase/workspace/ksmserver$ g++
-I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.3/include/QtGui
-I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.3/include/Qt -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.3/include/QtCore/
-I/home/kde4/kdelibs/kdecore/ *cpp ../lib/kworkspace.cpp  2>&1 | cat >
/home/kde4/errors

But that produced the errors here: http://pastebin.com/730358

Then I tried to get revision 548328, by advice from Thiago, and
compiling produced these errors: <attach: errors>. Then I tried to use
some kde3 headers, for DCOP: <attach: errors2>

I wanted to try to compile revision 548328 after installing kdelibs -r
548328, however, building that kdelibs4-snapshot produces: <attach
errors3>.

Thanks in advance for any hints,
Will Entriken

["errors" (application/octet-stream)]