List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Benefits of arts
From:       Wagner Sales <wsalles2003 () yahoo ! com ! br>
Date:       2006-06-21 17:01:18

Hi Joaquín,
KDE 4 will not use arts, but instead will use Phonon ( phonon.kde.org ).
Wagner Sales

Joaquín Fernández Quiles wrote:> Hi>> I would like to know the benefits of arts. I \
have Gentoo with flag-arts (this compile kde apps> without arts, i prefer to use \
alsa) because i have used Mandriva andDebian, and i have ever problem> with arts, so \
i ask me why kde use arts? Amarok, sound server systemand others apps abort during> \
sound reproduction sometimes. If i develop an kde app, i must use arts?kde4 will use \
the same arts,> a "better arts" or other sound system?>> Regards>> Joaquín>> P.S.: I \
                don't speak english but spanish, so excuse me if i made amistake in \
                the text.>
with SUSE - http://enigmail.mozdev.org \
iD8DBQFEmXtdG0tpd3N7UOYRAvRvAJ9aNclF47jyJO1u6A2/qE4IzWhP4ACdF2DCT9FLBYGHcmwELxFr4TMH9C8==N7ML-----END \
PGP SIGNATURE-----