List:       kde-devel
Subject:    starting dbus  [was Re: kbuildsycoca crashes]
From:       Jason Harris <kstars () 30doradus ! org>
Date:       2006-06-20 18:29:32

On Tuesday 20 June 2006 00:32, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Christopher Blauvelt wrote:
> >That did the trick.  Does that have to be started every time a new user
> > logs in? Chris
>
> Yes. Your distribution should do it for you.
>
> >> eval `dbus-launch --auto-syntax`

Is there documentation for this?  I installed dbus-0.62 from tar.gz, and among
the files it installed was '/usr/local/etc/rc.d/init.d/messagebus'.  I have a
file /etc/init.d/messagebus which has a 2004 timestamp.  I suspect there's
going to be a problem here...

When I attempt to run the above command from konsole, I get:

$ eval `dbus-launch --auto-syntax`
Failed to start message bus: Failed to open
"/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/dbus_contexts": No such file or directory

I haven't been able to find information on how to deal with this error; is
anyone else seeing it?

thanks,
Jason