List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kioslave mediamanager and /etc/fstab
From:       Wilhelm Meier <wilhelm.meier () fh-kl ! de>
Date:       2006-06-20 17:47:35

Hi,

I want to be able to do a user-mount of a loop-device via
kio_media_mounthelper.

Since these devices are not handled via hald, i tried to insert an appropriate
line into the /etc/fstab and I thought, the fstabbackend of mediamanager
would find the line in order to be able to mount the device. Unfortunately,
if I insert the line into /etc/fstab, do

dcop kded mediamanager reloadBackends

and

dcop kded mediamanager fullList

not all devices of /etc/fstab are listed, especially the /dev/loop0
or /dev/loop/0 are not. I checked the source code at first glance but i
couldn't find a hint, why this doesn't work.

Any hints?

--
Wilhelm Meier
email: wilhelm.meier@fh-kl.de