List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Konqueror sidebar plugin not found
From:       Jaakko Kyro <jkyro () korjaussarja ! net>
Date:       2006-06-19 21:03:30

Hello!

I created a konqueror sidebar plugin. The problem is that I cannot make
konqueror find it, i.e. I can't see my plugin in the list of plugins to add.
I'm using KDE 3.5.3 and I used the template provided with kdevelop3. To me
everything seems to be in order and there is no indication or error messages
about what could be wrong. Should I consider making a debug build of
konqueror to find out
more?

I even took a look at the existing plugins in the KDE websvn.
In my undestanding, a plugin should have:

-a .desktop file that tells some things about the plugin, that has a
X-KDE-KonqSidebarModule entry that tells the name of the module, installed in
$KDEDIR/share/apps/konqsidebartng/entries

-a library file containing create_<modulename> symbol with a certain signature
installed  $KDEDIR/lib.

What am I missing?

So far I've tried installing the plugin under a directory that is listed under
$KDEDIRS, and even to $KDEDIR, nothing works.

--
-jaakko