List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: porting kstars to QtDBus
From:       Jason Harris <kstars () 30doradus ! org>
Date:       2006-06-19 16:24:58

On Monday 19 June 2006 08:51, David Faure wrote:
> But the suspending kapp->dcopClient() used to suspend -any- incoming calls
> in the application, didn't it? The "application IPC channel" is used by
> "system-wide" (kde-wide) calls as well.

Ok, so the concern is that other apps will have problems if they try to send
an IPC signal to KStars while it's suspended.  This probably wouldn't occur
often, would it?

I guess I should try to fix it for KDE-3.5.4, but I'm not sure how else to
pause execution of a series of DCOP functions executed in a shell script.
I have two DCOP functions that suspend the dcopClient: "waitFor(int)", which
pauses for a specific number of seconds, and "waitForKey(QString)", which
pauses until the specified key is pressed.

If anyone has an idea how to reimplement these, I'd be glad to hear it.

thanks,
Jason