List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: porting kstars to QtDBus
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-06-19 15:51:54

On Monday 19 June 2006 16:24, Jason Harris wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Jun 19, 2006, at 12:31 AM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Well, it's very simple: you want to pause scripts. Why would you
> > want to
> > suspend all desktop communication, including to and from classes
> > that are
> > completely out of your control?
> >
> But that's not at all what I asked about.  I asked about the
> equivalent of "kapp->dcopClient()->suspend()"...i.e., temporary
> suspension of the *application-specific* IPC channel, not the entire
> system-wide IPC process!

But the suspending kapp->dcopClient() used to suspend -any- incoming calls
in the application, didn't it? The "application IPC channel" is used by "system-wide" (kde-wide)
calls as well.

[OK not for style/palette/etc. changes in kde3 since we used another
protocol for that, KIPC, but that's a detail]

The point is that if you cut out the IPC event processing into the application,
it cuts out everyone, not just one script...