List:       kde-devel
Subject:    XML and i18n
From:       Thomas Kadauke <tkadauke () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-06-08 17:29:36

Hello everyone,

Soon, I will have to decide whether or not I will use an XML file to describe
a library's content, or if I have the library will describe itself. Since
it's a lot of information, an XML file would be a good idea. That is, only if
it is easily possible to translate all user-visible strings from the XML
file. Is that generally possible, or would that require some special
measures?

While we're at it, what XML API do you recommend (for a KDE 3.5 app that will
eventually be ported to KDE 4)? It should support reading and writing XML.

Thanks,
--Thomas