List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: R: Re: New (maybe) KDE app (KNutrients) -- Some questions on
From:       Jason Kivlighn <jkivlighn () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-05-31 20:33:48

>> I've been using the sqlite module for some months in SWScanner and,
>> although it works fine, people (mainly unexperienced ones) generally
>> have a huge of problems trying to compile sqlite support in kdelibs.
>> Depending on the distro, it doesn't even include it in it's binaries
>> so is neccessary to stop using them and recompile. This is not very
>> confortable :-(. I stoped using it because of the continuous problems
>> people used to report...
>
>> This is something you should take into
> account, I think.
>
> In Katalog I resolved the problem including the Qt
> sqlite3 plugin in the package, installing it if necessary. No problems
> till now.

Krecipes also has it's own QSql driver for SQLite, which works with both
SQLite 2 and 3.  I'm sure I didn't implement all the features I could
have, but it's been sufficient thus far.

Krecipes also works with older versions of Qt that didn't include the
SQLite driver, although maybe shipping the SQLite driver with the
program solves that problem.

Cheers,
Jason K