List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: New (maybe) KDE app (KNutrients) -- Some questions on C++
From:       Iván Forcada Atienza <ivan () swscanner ! org>
Date:       2006-05-30 14:28:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[mar, 30 may 2006 09:13:01 +0200] - Thiago Macieira:
> Jerry Blanco wrote:
> >I thought of using map<>'s or mysql / sqlite. The problem with dbs
> >(mysql/sqlite) is that I want the app to be self-contained.
> >
> >maps<>, vectors<> etc would work, if I can find any way to drop them and
> >picking them up again (something like 'pickle' in python). I wouldn't
> > like to just write the dataset to a text file, I'm looking for
> > something faster than parsing the files every time.
>
> Use the QtSql module or the Kexi backend so that you can save to any
> database. QtSql contains a module that allows you to save to a sqlite db
> file, which would mean your application is self-contained.

I've been using the sqlite module for some months in SWScanner and,
although it works fine, people (mainly unexperienced ones) generally
have a huge of problems trying to compile sqlite support in kdelibs.
Depending on the distro, it doesn't even include it in it's binaries
so is neccessary to stop using them and recompile. This is not very
confortable :-(. I stoped using it because of the continuous problems
people used to report...

This is something you should take into account, I think.

Iván Forcada Atienza:
  correo: ivan@forcada.info
  jabber: ivanfor@jabber.guadawireless.org