List:       kde-devel
Subject:    what is the point of KAction::setDefaultShortcut() ?
From:       Jason Harris <kstars () 30doradus ! org>
Date:       2006-05-01 6:37:36

Hello,

In converting to the new KAction (which no longer allows for shortcuts in the
ctor), I tried using  'action->setDefaultShortcut("Ctrl+X")', but none of the
shortcuts worked.  On a whim, I tried "setShortcut" instead of
"setDefaultShortcut", and now it works.

I understand that there are two types of shortcuts in KAction: Custom and
Default (and there are "Global" variants of both of these).  I had assumed
that in the absence of a Custom shortcut, the Default would be used, but
apparently this is not right.  So what is the default for?

thanks,
Jason

--
KStars: http://edu.kde.org/kstars