List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE4todo #50
From:       "Will Entriken" <kde.org () 2006 ! phor ! net>
Date:       2006-04-27 4:19:07

For the bookmark menu, I am using a slightly better constructor:
RMB(KBookmarkMenu *target)

I need to use the KBookmarkMenu * because (QMenu)
contextMenu->addAction(...) uses recv all over the place in
kbookmarkmenu.cc, so it's not as cool as the bookmarkbar solution.

Also, I'm making assumptions about KBookmarkMenu::d working the same
as KBookmarkBar::d. However, the former is in the header, but not
implemented !?!?! Example in kbookmarkmenu.cc:

void KBookmarkMenu::slotRMBActionEditAt( int val )
{
  delete d->m_rmb;
  d->m_rmb = new RMB(this);
  rmbSelf(this)->slotRMBActionProperties( val );
}

Please advise on what to do here,
1) don't use d->m_rmb
2) use d->m_rmb instead of rmbSelf(this)

As far as replacing all dPtrs: Without understanding much about the
code, I intend to replace them with QHashes. I think I'm starting to
understand this code, and at that, I would recommend that
KBookmarkMenu get a RMB *m_RMB and KBookmarkManager get a
KBookmarkManagerPrivate * m_kBookmarkManagerPrivate. What are your
thoughts here?

So here's my progress with cleaning up bookmarks as per TODO #50:

x Replace begin_rmb_action(KBookmarkBar *)
x Replace begin_rmb_action(KBookmarkMenu *)
_ Replace all dPtrs
x Rename RMB::s_highlightedAddress

Cheers,
- Will Entriken

["bookmarkscleanup.patch" (application/octet-stream)]