List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde-config --libs and --cflags
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-04-10 16:58:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
>I am looking into this now.  Currently we are playing with pkgconf to do
> this, but this is pretty unreliable if you have multiple KDE's
> installed. kde-config will provide the include directory and the lib
> directory for the KDE install in the path, but not the cflags and such.
>  The big problem I see right now is that I really don't want to have
> redundant data for both.  Maybe provide a pkg-config proxy inside of
> kde-config?

I suggest this:
- make kde-config aware of the pkgconfig installation directory
(basically, ${libdir}/pkgconfig)
- use pkg-config to find compile-time data

So, you'd do:
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=`kde-config --expandvars --install pkgconfig` \
  pkg-config --libs --cflags kdecore

But I didn't understand how you're having problems with pkg-config and
multiple KDE installations. Can you elaborate?

  thiago.macieira (AT) trolltech.com     Trolltech AS
    GPG: 0x6EF45358                   |  Sandakerveien 116,
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C          |  NO-0402
    966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358          |  Oslo, Norway