List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Error while compiling KDE with kdesvn-build
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-04-06 16:49:51

On Thursday 06 April 2006 14:36, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 4. April 2006 10:37 schrieb Michael Pyne:
> > On Monday 03 April 2006 14:58, David Faure wrote:
> > > I think the question was the other way round, i.e. "please make
> > > use-stable-kde mean koffice-1.5 instead of koffice-trunk". Which needs
> > > extra logic in kdesvn-build since koffice isn't in KDE/3.5 like the rest
> > > of the "stable kde", it's in branches/koffice/1.5 (/koffice).
> >
> > So is koffice /trunk currently for KDE 4 then?  If so I need to update
> > kdesvn-build.
Yes.

> IMHO it would be nice to have stored the information what is stable and what
> is trunk somewhere in the SVN tree (like unsermake) and get it from there
> instead of modifying kdesvn-build itself, everytime the situation changes
kdesvn-build is in the SVN tree, I don't see a problem with it being the place
where we store the information. OK it would be better if the developer doing
the branching updated kdesvn-build right away, I think this is something we
can start doing if we document the branching process a bit more (which we need
to do anyway, e.g. for mentionning stable/l10n/scripts/get-paths),
and if kdesvn-build is indeed ready for storing such information (what's stable
and what's not, what requires kde3 and what requires kde4), and if Michael
is happy with people messing with kdesvn-build :)

> IMHO something like
> * trunk (will be KDE4)
> * stable branch (post 3.5.2)
> * stable release (3.5.2)
That's what use-stable-kde does; and there's no reason to use 3.5.2 instead
of the 3.5.x branch when compiling from svn.