List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Error while compiling KDE with kdesvn-build
From:       Michael Pyne <michael.pyne () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2006-04-02 7:26:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 01 April 2006 09:28, Eduard Bachmakov wrote:
> This is my first time I compile KDE. I tried to do it with kdesvn-build but
> I got that output:

What version of kdesvn-build are you using?  (kdesvn-build --version).  I'm
pretty sure I removed the "File not found" error message from the latest
kdesvn-build release.

Anyways, kdesvn-build stores logs of every program it runs, by default in
~/kdesvn/log.

The logs are organized by date and module.  Each log directory will have
different log files corresponding to the exact phase kdesvn-build was in.
For instance, to find errors in arts, you could look through

~/kdesvn/log/2006-04-01-01/arts/*.log

In order to be easy to find, kdesvn-build will automatically create symlinks
to the .log corresponding to the program that failed, and the last
kdesvn-build run.

~/kdesvn/log/latest/arts/error.log

In short, that file should hopefully tell you exactly why the program
kdesvn-build was running failed.  If that doesn't help get it to work, feel
free to reply to the list with the output of that error.log file.  Also
useful may be the error messages from the appropriate config.log files.  (The
configure program run by kdesvn-build leaves a config.log in the build
directory for the module.  So the config.log for arts would be in
~/kdesvn/build/arts/config.log)

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne