List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Help regarding KDE Package
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2006-03-18 18:58:21

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 18 March 2006 13:57, Varun Hiremath wrote:

> 1) What is the procedure for getting a sponsor for KDE packages?

You better ask this on the debian-qt-kde list on the Debian mailinglist
server.

> 2) How do I use the proxy set in the KDE control centre for my application?
> I am currently requesting the user to feed in the proxy.

If you use KDE's  IO architecture KIO, then it automatically uses the user's
proxy settings, no need to ask thee user additional input

> 3) How do I use
> the <package>rc files, I mean different packages create a rc configuration
> file in the $HOME/.kde/. What is the right way of reading/writing these
> files (in python). I wanted to save some values in this rc file and then
> fetch them on the next run.

KDE applications and I guess also Kicker applets, access their config through
KConfig
I am quite certain that this class is also available in the Python bindings.

Cheers,
Kevin
--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer@gmx.at>