List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Sending signals to all but one receiver
From:       Arnold Krille <kde () arnoldarts ! de>
Date:       2006-02-25 17:38:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Freitag, 24. Februar 2006 19:23 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> On Friday 24 February 2006 18:37, Arnold Krille wrote:
> > But the problem is that A's interface should be compatible in the Qt-way
> > (thats why the slots and signals are setValue(...) and valueChanged(...))
> > and that B is a Qt-class (QSpinBox, QLineEdit, QDoubleSpinBox to be
> > precise).
> If the value received in the slot is the same the object already has, why
> would it emit the signal if not change happend?

Because sender and receiver are in different threads and when QSpinBox gets
the former new value back it is already at the next value because the user is
spinning the mouse-wheel and the connection is not a direct one...

> Qt classes don't do this, you can for example connect a slider and a
> spinbox to each other and get no loop at all

At least in Qt3 this wasn't true, now with Qt4 I always protect my own classes
against direct loops. And now I am searching for doing this in a
multi-thread-safe way...

Arnold

--
Get my public-key from pgp.mit.edu or pgp.uni-mainz.de