List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Developing a KDE app (plugin - able)
From:       "Paulo J. Matos" <pocmatos () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-01-20 22:23:37

Hi all,

Very recently I moved to KDE after some long years trying out
'several' other window managers. Last time I used KDE it was on 2.x or
something. Getting back I would like and try out developing an
application for KDE using the most recent KDE techs. I'm thinking
about using plugins. Kind'a like you can add embedded guis to control
panel I would like to have a main component application and then have
a 'sub' window which would be 'user' developed to contain the user
GUI. I've read some things here and there and I think KParts is the
way to go but I would like confirmation on this one. And where can I
find a decent tutorial/manual on kparts?

Cheers,
--
Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm