List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: The number of unassigned bugs is worrisome
From:       David Jarvie <lists () astrojar ! org ! uk>
Date:       2006-01-12 1:15:27

On Wednesday 11 January 2006 23:22, Mark A. Taff wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 January 2006 15:10, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Maybe we should publish this email?
>
> Well, I found it enlightening, and have flagged it and copied it to my "for
> future reference" folder, so I think it should be published.

I agree. I wasn't aware of some of the bug status definitions - I have always
used ASSIGNED to indicate that I intend fixing it sometime (but not
necessarily soon). Perhaps some note on the bugzilla page, or a reminder when
you change a status, would be best - otherwise there will still be lots of
developers who don't know what the statuses are supposed to mean, or who
forget.

In light of this, in the meantime people should take the status of many bugs
with a pinch of salt.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author and maintainer.