List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Help with Warning: Linking the executable . against the loadable
From:       Dirk Stoecker <kde () dstoecker ! de>
Date:       2006-01-07 12:37:51

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> >Sorry, but this comment doesn't me help at all. I neither know, what you
> >are meaning at all, nor how to make what you say.
>
> In the _LDFLAGS line in the Makefile.am, remove the -module option. Also
> rename the entry to start with "lib" (updating references, of course).

I will try to figure that out.

> Please remember to remove any references to the dynamic loading of this
> module (KLibrary or otherwise) from the code. It will cease to be a
> plugin.

I don't even understand how the program is build, as the main.cpp file is
part of one of the two libraries.

> >The code are normal C code files and the build is a normal KDE build.
> > For any normal non-KDE-build the object files would be linked to an
> > execuatbel and everything would be fine. The KDE system seems to be
> > different thought in this point, as it creates libraries for every
> > program. And afterwards complains. I only want to build pixieplus as
> > one tool without any dynamic stuff (as the classes aren't really
> > useable outside of pixieplus for now). But I found really no way to
> > reach that goal and I tried a lot and also read any documentation
> > related to that topic.
>
> The KDE build system doesn't create a library for every executable. Only
> for kdeinit-based executables.
>
> Can you point to your code in Subversion? It'll help me understand.

It is not my code. I only maintain it, as nobody else does it :-) Some
help would be nice thought, as some parts of the application (e.g. C&P and
KIO) seem not to work properly any more. Some others I got already fixed.

kde/trunk/kdenonbeta/pixieplus

For me this is the first KDE frameworked project and there is really much
to learn even for an experienced programmer. A lot more tutorials (and
updating the existing ones) would be really a good idea.

Ciao
--
http://www.dstoecker.de/ (PGP key available)