List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Help with Warning: Linking the executable . against the loadable
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-01-07 12:02:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Dirk Stoecker wrote:
>> Change pixieplus_misc.so's code to a library.
>>
>> But you can't load that. You can only link to it.
>
>Sorry, but this comment doesn't me help at all. I neither know, what you
>are meaning at all, nor how to make what you say.

In the _LDFLAGS line in the Makefile.am, remove the -module option. Also
rename the entry to start with "lib" (updating references, of course).

Please remember to remove any references to the dynamic loading of this
module (KLibrary or otherwise) from the code. It will cease to be a
plugin.

>The code are normal C code files and the build is a normal KDE build.
> For any normal non-KDE-build the object files would be linked to an
> execuatbel and everything would be fine. The KDE system seems to be
> different thought in this point, as it creates libraries for every
> program. And afterwards complains. I only want to build pixieplus as
> one tool without any dynamic stuff (as the classes aren't really
> useable outside of pixieplus for now). But I found really no way to
> reach that goal and I tried a lot and also read any documentation
> related to that topic.

The KDE build system doesn't create a library for every executable. Only
for kdeinit-based executables.

Can you point to your code in Subversion? It'll help me understand.
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

2. Tó cennan his weorc gearu, ymbe se circolwyrde, wearð se cægbord and se
leohtspeccabord, and þa mýs cómon lator. On þone dæg, he hine reste.