List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Alternative to traditional (virtual) desktop: The Strip
From:       lordSauron <lordsauronthegreat () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-12-11 23:19:57

On 12/11/05, Guillaume Laurent <glaurent@telegraph-road.org> wrote:
> On Monday 12 December 2005 00:00, lordSauron wrote:
> > >
> > > ROTFL.
> >
> > What's that mean?
>
> "Rolling On The Floor Laughing".

Ah...

> > I'm not joking.  Where to put widgets (like buttons) isn't something
> > that your average-joe on the street is that good at.  Think about it.
>
> Seriously, what's the color of the sky on your planet ? Coders are the *worst*
> possible UI designers, and they hardly ever have a clue about "what's best"
> for users, nor about anything regarding usability. This requires a completely
> different skillset.

It's orange most of the time ; )

Think what you wish.  Then again, most of the programmers I know are
Mac people, and they spend lots of time focusing on the GUI rather
than the code...  OS X is really nice - if you can afford a Mac.
Linux is next best IMO.  However, no matter how you look at it, KDE is
better than Gnome.