On 12/11/05, Guillaume Laurent wrote: > On Monday 12 December 2005 00:00, lordSauron wrote: > > On 12/11/05, Guillaume Laurent wrote: > > > On Sunday 11 December 2005 22:45, lordSauron wrote: > > > > While coders aren't 100% of the target users, they do have a very good > > > > idea of what best > > > > > > ROTFL. > > > > What's that mean? > > "Rolling On The Floor Laughing". Ah... > > I'm not joking. Where to put widgets (like buttons) isn't something > > that your average-joe on the street is that good at. Think about it. > > Seriously, what's the color of the sky on your planet ? Coders are the *worst* > possible UI designers, and they hardly ever have a clue about "what's best" > for users, nor about anything regarding usability. This requires a completely > different skillset. It's orange most of the time ; ) Think what you wish. Then again, most of the programmers I know are Mac people, and they spend lots of time focusing on the GUI rather than the code... OS X is really nice - if you can afford a Mac. Linux is next best IMO. However, no matter how you look at it, KDE is better than Gnome. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<