List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Alternative to traditional (virtual) desktop: The Strip
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2005-12-10 13:35:36

Dne čt 8. prosince 2005 11:18 Pavel Troller napsal(a):> > I haven't used FVWM, but I \
did run in to virtual desktops that switch> > when the user moves the cursor to the \
edge of the screen. Needless to> > say, I hated that feature, and this feature would \
not be like that. In> > essence, user could expand his workspace with quick flick of \
a wrist.>> Hi!>   I think that this idea has to be "merged" with more mechanisms.>   \
I also hated the feature of automatic switching of desktops by moving the> cursor to \
the edge of the screen, even if there was a "resistance"> preventing to switch by \
unwantedly touching the edge.>   My idea is to have this Strip, as proposed in the \
original idea, but with> the following "extensions":[whatever]>   I think I would \
like to have such a Strip instead of classic desktops> :-).  Your mail, just like the \
others in this thread, lacks one important thing that prevented KDE from being yet \
another long-forgotten something from the 90's - something along the lines of "I will \
work on it". If it's just accidentally missing, you are welcome to join kwin@kde.org \
. If not, then just submit your wish at bugs.kde.org and wait until the kwin team \
gets to it. To give you an idea when roughly that could be let me tell you that the \
weekly summary page at bugs.kde.org has some interesting statistics and that the kwin \
team in practice is more or less part of me and few other people helping a bit \
occassionally.  Anybody can have ideas, but they don't magically become reality, \
somebody has to write and maintain that. Sorry for spoiling the fun, but that's the \
                way it is.
--  Lubos Lunak KDE Developer l.lunak@kde.org     l.lunak@suse.cz >> Visit \