List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE3 and Qt4
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-12-07 20:43:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Michal Vaner (Vorner) wrote:
>Well, as KDE4 will use dbus instead of dcop, I think it will be even
> imposible to implement it. Or unlikely to do. However, I'm not sure if
> it can run both at the same time - kdeinit will have the same name, I
> just hope it won't hate each other.

We haven't yet settled on DBUS, even though it is the most likely option.
In special, note that no one has started working on it yet.

There are also ways to keep a bridge between DBUS and DCOP. Those were
discussed a bit at aKademy, but we came to no conclusion.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

2. Tó cennan his weorc gearu, ymbe se circolwyrde, wearð se cægbord and se
leohtspeccabord, and þa mýs cómon lator. On þone dæg, he hine reste.