List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror's Java
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-11-26 23:34:50

On 26.11.05 18:26:27, Dave Feustel wrote:
> On Saturday 26 November 2005 17:06, Philip Rodrigues wrote:
> > Dave Feustel wrote:
> >
> > > When I enable java globally in Konqueror and java
> > > is invoked by a web page, I get the message
> > > java executable not found. What is the default
> > > path for java in kde?
> >
> > I imagine that konq uses the $PATH of the shell KDE was started in. But it's
> > immaterial, since there's a config option "path to java executable", so
> > just put the required path there.
> >
> > BTW, this question would probably be better directed to kde@mail.kde.org
> > since it's a tech support rather than a development question.
>
> Thanks for the info.
> It looks to me as though there is no java package for OpenBSD, thus there is no
> Java support for Konqueror in OpenBSD. (I'd like to be proven wrong about this).

I don't know too much about open source java solutions, but the GCC has
a compiler and interpreter for Java, which in GCC 4 works quite well.
Also there are other java implementations like kaffe+classpath (maybe
classpath is needed for gij4 too, not sure). If OpenBSD has any of them
(which I guess it has) then there's a pretty good chance of having java
support in KDE.

Andreas

--
You are dishonest, but never to the point of hurting a friend.