List:       kde-devel
Subject:    more on custom widgets
From:       Jason Harris <kstars () 30doradus ! org>
Date:       2005-11-16 4:38:12

Hello,

I have made progress trying to generate a Qt-designer plugin for my custom
widgets[1].  Thanks to Volker Krause, who pointed me to the implementation of
makekdewidgets in kdepim/libkdepim.  I basically copied that
implementation[2], and it all compiles correctly and generates the plugin
library (kstarswidgets.la).  However, "unsermake install" doesn't install
anything into my $QTDIR/plugins/designer directory (although there is a
message that it is installing).

I have attached the Makefile.am from my widgets directory.  I'd really
appreciate any feedback on what I've missed.

thanks in advance,
Jason

[1]: see http://lists.kde.org/?t=113197671000008&r=1&w=2

[2]: except I created a "widgets" subdir containing all of my custom-widget
source code.  My Makefile.am generates 2 libraries: one containing the object
code for the widgets themselves (libkstarswidgets.la), and the other for the
designer plugin (kstarswidgets.la)

--
KStars: KDE Desktop Planetarium
http://edu.kde.org/kstars

["Makefile.am" (text/x-makefile)]

INCLUDES = -I$(top_srcdir) $(all_includes)

lib_LTLIBRARIES = libkstarswidgets.la

libkstarswidgets_la_SOURCES = ../dms.cpp dmsbox.cpp draglistbox.cpp \
	kstarsplotwidget.cpp magnitudespinbox.cpp mapcanvas.cpp \
	timespinbox.cpp timestepbox.cpp timeunitbox.cpp

#libkstarswidgets_a_LDFLAGS = $(all_libraries) -no-undefined
#libkstarswidgets_la_LIBADD  = $(LIB_QTDESIGNER) $(LIB_KIO)

AM_CXXFLAGS = -DQT_PLUGIN
kde_widget_LTLIBRARIES = kstarswidgets.la
kstarswidgets_la_LDFLAGS = $(KDE_PLUGIN) -module $(all_libraries)
kstarswidgets_la_LIBADD = $(LIB_KIO) libkstarswidgets.la
kstarswidgets_la_SOURCES = kstarswidgets.cpp

kstarswidgets.cpp: $(srcdir)/kstars.widgets
	$(MAKEKDEWIDGETS) -o kstarswidgets.cpp $(srcdir)/kstars.widgets

kstarswidgets.lo: kstarswidgets.moc
kstarswidgets.moc: kstarswidgets.cpp
	$(MOC) -o kstarswidgets.moc kstarswidgets.cpp

CLEANFILES = kstarswidgets.cpp

METASOURCES = AUTO